Beauty Dump

   Hello scouts and welcome to my first Beauty Dump!! Don't you just love the name created by oh so creative sister? You must be wondering what the heck a Beauty Dump actually is. What I'm planning on it to be is a review of all the new beauty goodies I buy and I will tell you if the products are fantabulous, wearable, so-so, or just awful. Hopefully you'll trust me and take me into consideration when you buy the products from my haul. These Dumps won't be often because I don't buy tons of beauty products, but when I do I'll be sure to do a dump!! Today my dump includes my brand new Macaron Lippies from NYX in Lavender and Key Lime, my J. Cat Sparkling Powder in Popping Lime, and Harajuku Lovers fragrance in Baby.
NYX Macaron Lippie in Lavender:
N.U.N. Rating: Wearable
Price: $5.99
Where: Ulta
   Anyone that knows me knows that there are very few boundaries to what I will wear so a lavender lipstick is not much of a stretch for me. I bought these two lipsticks from Ulta's online store because they were buy one get one 50% off and the colors were so adorable that I couldn't pass them up. When they came in the mail four days after I ordered them I immediately put on the lipstick and unfortunately I resembled Chandler from Friends when he was wearing a light blue lipstick. The color sort of faded into my skin and the sheerness of the lipstick did not help my situation. I then applied NYX's lipliner pencil in Purple Rain, a darker purple, underneath the lipstick and it looked ten times better. There was more definition to my lips and the sheerness was cured. Since it needs the aid of the liner to look good I deem this lipstick in the N.U.N.(No Uniform Necessary) Beauty Book as wearable.
NYX Macaron Lippie in Key Lime:

N.U.N. Rating: Just Awful
Price: $5.99
Where: Ulta
  So when I say this lipstick is just awful I mean that green will never be a possible lipstick color for me EVER. The quality is about the same as Lavender, but sadly I will never be able to wear Key Lime green with my light medium complexion. Although the lipstick looks okay in the picture, it looks bad in real life. I was very upset about the lipstick since key lime green is one of my favorite colors but life goes on because I am going to return it.

J. Cat Sparkling Powder in Popping Lime:

N.U.N. Rating: Fantabulous
Price: Online: $3.49
           In store: $1.99
Where: I bought my glitter at a store, but here is the online store
   Before I talk about the glitter I want to introduce you to this brand. This brand is found at most cheaper shops along with the brand NYX. I haven't tried many products, but they are very inexpensive in stores and I want to buy more products from them because I really love their Sparkling Powder. Although lime doesn't look good on my lips, it sure as heck looks good on my eyes especially with pink eye shadow (pink and green are the ultimate combination!!). It is very fine and stays on well with eyelash glue and comes off easily with makeup remover. The next color I want to buy is Lion Silver because it is holographic!! This glitter definitely goes down in the N.U.N. Beauty Book as an essential!

Harajuku Lovers "Wicked Style" fragrance in Baby .33oz.:

 
 
N.U.N. Rating: Fantabulous
Price: $7.99
Where: TJ Maxx, but you can buy it here
   By now you must know of my DEEP love for Harajuku, but I also loooooooove Gwen Stephanie and her adorable brand Harajuku Lovers. I already own three of the fragrances and I adore the little figures on top of them. My mom bought me this one just the other day because she knows that I collect them and it might be my favorite one! It smells like a mix between flowers and vanilla. I usually get headaches from smelly perfumes, but I haven't gotten one yet! To add on to is greatness it lasts all day and was quite potent without being over bearing. Everything about this perfume is so cute even down to the lining of the box that looks like a Japanese crepe stand the definition of decora on the flap. This will be my perfume of choice for the entire summer!
   I hope you liked my first Beauty Dump! Until next time scouts!
xx,
Cristianne


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Post