Internet Scouting: II

   Greetings scouts and welcome to another edition of Internet Scouting, a segment on my blog about things I stumble upon on the internet. Today will consist of a song, a website that can eat up all your free time this summer, kawaii Disney paraphernalia, and a new version of an old show! Let's get to it!
   The other day I was on Facebook and Nylon magazine they provided a link to this song called "Super Rat" and since I am always trying to find new music on the daily and the title was so intriguing I thought I'd give it a listen. As I said before the song is entitled Super Rat and it's by this super cute girl duo called Honeyblood. The song has a hint of really girly indie pop with a whole lot of angry and sort of grungy going on which makes it a pretty swell combo. The music video kind of has the same vibe, and it's cute.
  
   The next item to share is what I've been addicted to this summer! It's this website called Polyvore. Many of you might be thinking, "Been there done that," but I think there is so much to create on there that it'll be hard to not want to go online and create super kawaii/Lolita outfits forever! I haven't made any sets lately because I've been busy and my sets require lots of love and attention (like any of my artwork). You guys should all make a Polyvore account and let your creative juices flow! Trust me, you'll have tons of fun! I'll add my link to my account in the social media area on the left if you want to follow me *wink wink nudge nudge*. Now I'll show off my great collaging skills:
 

 
   The next thing I found out about just minutes ago on Disney Channel (yes, I still watch Disney Channel). They are most likely the best thing ever because 1) they are Japanese, 2) they are kawaii, 3) they are plush toys, and 4) they are Disney!!! These kawaii toys that sort of look like shushi rolls are called Disney Tsum Tsum which literally translates into Disney Stack Stack. There are so many characters to choose from and are semi-affordable depending on which size you get (small, medium, and large) making them even better. If you are not sold just on their description wait until you watch the commercial on their Disney Store page here, you will die of a cuteness overload in a matter of seconds.

 Which one is cuter? Stitch or...
Marie? I can't decide.
   Last but not least, Sailor Moon! If you are not familiar with this manga/anime it is about a group of crime fighting magical girls that live in Tokyo, need I say more? There is an original anime from the '90s, but since it's regained much of it's popularity and the original anime didn't really follow the manga there is a new version of it called Sailor Moon Crystal. You can watch the first two episodes on Hulu for free and continue to watch the new episodes that air every other Saturday for free on Hulu. Sadly, we will all have to wait two weeks for the new episode to air since a new episode aired last Saturday. You can watch Sailor Moon Crystal here.
 
xx,
Cristianne
p.s. did you notice my new banner? Pretty snazzy, huh?








Comments

Popular Post