Back to Life, Back to Reality

   Hello scouts! I feel that life has been a little to tedious lately and just full of work, so I thought I'd get back to blogging. Some people say that blogging about your life is vain or self-centered, but I feel the exact opposite. To me, blogging is my way to express myself in a more artistic and productive way and maybe to help inspire other people. As of late my friend and I are transitioning from our church's youth group to our regular service and "young adult group," I only say it that way because there is no such thing as young adult group at our church because everybody is a regular adult or a regular youth. At this moment my friend and I are irregular, floating in church limbo. At my peaks of irregularity I like to take a few moments to use my uncontrollable imagination that sometimes keeps me up at night (if it's about a killer new outfit I am excited to wear: 15 minutes, a scary movie I just watched: eternity). So with my new found motivation and my existing imagination I came up with an idea for a zine for teen/young adult Christian girls. To my knowledge one does not exist so I thought I would make one exist. I want it to be filled with beautiful words of encouragement, art, and photography something really unique but still very spiritual. I want to help girls to be inspired by the beauty of the holy spirit, rather than things of the world.
   Since that top paragraph had nothing to do with the photos let me explain their extreme randomness. Since I was gone for a while and my photo taking were minimal in my absence I decided to compile a summer post about some of the fun things I've done.
 This first set of photos are from my sister's 22nd birthday. Our First stop was Thai food in Hollywood sadly we ate all the food before I remembered to take a photo of it.
 Then we popped into the California Donuts next door and bought some cereal donuts. The donuts we got were good except for the stale cereal, but I've heard their 3rd Street location is a lot better.
 Then we headed over to City Walk to watch Inside Out. My nana used her movie card and got us all inside out pins, it was probably the best part of the day.

 Here is the vortex where we got sucked into boxes and boxes of pins for about 20 minutes.
 And here is the end result. The top two pins are mine and the bottom three are my cousin's.
 And now we enter the 4th of July.
 Me feat. lots of sparklers.
 No 4th of July is complete with out a few boxes of illegal fireworks.
 Don't these fireworks look like a miniature galaxy?

 And for our Independence Day finale our feeble attempts at creating a Mickey head with sparklers.
  A shot from a wonderful day at Knott's Berry Farm with my aunt and sister visiting from out of town. 
 We ended the day with a funnel cake and my new hat.
And before we depart I want to share my most recent buys that accurately depict my current obsession with the color red.
   Now we come to that part where my sleepiness is taking over and I start singing the slow version of the Mickey Mouse song (you know which one?), but I don't want to sleep because I have work in the morning. Until next time!
xx,
Cristianne


Comments

Popular Post