Salty 16

   Hello. There is no excuse for my total absence this new year, can I even call it the new year if we are already four months in? Well regardless I'm back and before I forget happy April Fools Day! This year has flown by so quick and I feel that a lot has gone on since I last posted. For me personally I've became a youth leader, I turned nineteen, I'm getting baptized this month (I'm most excited for this!!!), and next week I go to Kansas City, Missouri for a young adults conference!! As for world updates I could not tell you what has been going on because life has been just a lot of church and school. Surprised I have not mentioned Disneyland? Well that's because my pass has been blocked for the past couple of weeks and I'm trying not to think of such tragedies.
   Other than past Disneyland trips I have not done much picture taking, to tell you the truth I think the camera has been dead for about a month and it has made me realize that I miss documenting everything. I love the feeling of looking back on photos and reliving moments that can never be replicated especially when they are in the format of blog posts. Truth be told, I always look back on my blog to reminisce about past adventures. So with this said I will make my best effort to come back with photos and adventures and hopefully some new art that I'm working on.
   So what about this plethora of pictures? Well these were taken on January fifth, or better known as Regan's (my cousin) 16th birthday!!! She actually has a YouTube account here and she put together such a cute video about this day (it's my favorite video of hers) and I'm in it for like two seconds. This day was such a dreamy LA day and I thoroughly enjoyed looking through these photos and I hope you do too :)))))
 So we start our adventure at the Broad and with this unflattering photo of me and my cousin in the reflection of a Jeff Koons sculpture.

 More Jeff Koons for your balloon animal enjoyment.
 My lovely mama admiring vintage vacuums.
 I captioned this "I wish someone would look at me the way my sister looks at Norms." For all you non-SoCal residents, Norms is a Southern California only diner that we have made a tradition to go to after our Disneyland trips.
This was the lovely birthday girl <3
Me and my personal photographer, the mirror.
The outside of the Broad and its weird holey exterior.
 The Broad is right next to the very shiny Walt Disney Concert Hall and I just had to capture its beauty.
 This day will go down as one of the most perfect Southern California winter days ever. The sun was so beautiful and weather was just brisk enough to wear my big puffy jacket (pictured later).
 I know for a fact I have the most beautiful sister.
I hardly ever go into the Downtown area so documenting the buildings was necessary.
Now from the Broad we made our way to the Art District to a tasty place called the Pie Hole.
So my mom, sister, and I got two slices of Mexican hot chocolate pie and some kind of a chorizo empanada thing. I totally recommend this place anytime you feel like pie, I mean feel like eating pie, unless you do feel like a pie and want to join other pies then it's good for that too. 
I'm not a vegan, but I'm a sucker for sidewalk art.
 For our final stop, we went to the Poketo flagship store, it was so cute in there and I wish I had more money so I could've bought some cute school supplies.

My A+ photographer again.
Bye Poketo!








   On the road back home, I probably took a nap right after this photo.
    Such a fun adventure to look back on, I hope you enjoyed my photos and my partially delirious comments. Have a safe, fun weekend and God willing I will post again soon!

Comments

Popular Post