The Neverending Desert Story

   Hello scouts and welcome to my gigantically long post about my weekend trip to the desert! A few weeks ago I ended my spring break with a much needed getaway to the desert. I sound very ominous just saying "the desert," what I mean the high dessert, Yucca Valley, which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Palm Springs. Usually when we stay there we camp out in our trailer and are constantly covered in sand, but this time we stayed in a hotel and showered in an actual shower, compared to the wooden box we usually shower in out there. Since we didn't have any of our off-roading vehicles with us we hit up the tourist attractions we usually skip over. Since I have over twenty photos to share with you I will explain my trip with each photo that will be in chronological order for your reading pleasure.
This is the windmill farm we always pass on the way to the dessert.
My sister and I in the back seat.
   On Friday we didn't do much except unpack and eat dinner, but on Saturday we started off our day at the local flea market and it was quite an adventure. The flea market used to be the Sky Village drive in movie theater, but is now a place where the locals sell their junk and crafts.


There was a lot of really nice desert landscaping incorporated with pieces of old things like this piece of a wagon?
More succulent/junk landscaping
 While we continued our journey across the flea market we came across a few interesting sculptures like this rooster...
 And this man, but I can't decide if it's just a sculpture of a creepy man thing or an extremely weathered dummy.
 And here's a normal sculpture of a horse.
And here is 'lil old me searching for some treasure.
After the purchase of  one Dolly Parton record later we made our way down to the museum that was just a compilation of lots of things like these beautiful paintings of some of the desert flowers.
 Here's a beautiful little perfume bottle.
And here's a cutie little baby tortoise!
 After a much needed nap we made our way to Pioneertown, a town that was originally used as a live in set for old western shows and movies, but is now just a tourist area with a barbeque joint called Pappy and Harriet's.

 And we are here!
 

 Jacket: Thrifted; Shirt and Pants: Forever 21; Shoes: Dr. Martens
 And then, in the midst of the merriment and adventures whilst taking a selfie with my sister my phone left my grasp and fell ever so lightly on to the desert sand, but when I thought it was unharmed, alas the screen cracked.


 Unfortunately, the restaurant was too dark to take photos. After we had dinner we headed back to the hotel and we then left early Sunday morning.
 Our view on the way home of the back of the mountains.
Looking at all the these photos again makes me want to go back. It is almost the end of school for me and then I'll be graduating making it feel like time is passing by faster than ever and some peace and quiet would do me some good. Well on a less solemn note, I will definitely have a post this upcoming weekend! May you all have a wonderful, blessed week and may you enjoy everyday of it!
xx,
Cristianne
 
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Post