Night Changes

It is already Wednesday but I feel like this the first time in a few days that I can really relax. So with a Disney movie on (Hercules to be exact) and my laptop in my lap I thought I would blog about part of my weekend in LA. I haven't been to LA in a while (I know I just blogged about being in LA, but I always need my fix) so when my aunt invited us down to celebrate her completion of the BAR (the test to become a lawyer) and all the studying that goes along with a large test I couldn't be more excited. Whenever I go to Los Angeles with my family we tend to go everywhere so we ended up stopping at a few places.
 So here we start on Sunset at a Mexican seafood stand. Their booths their are the cutest color of pink that don't really match the bright orange building that you will see later, but at least they went with my backpack.
 Now we come to my agua chile tostada that almost killed my mouth. I can say that I have a high tolerance for heat due to being a Mexican-American, but this tostada might've proved me wrong.

     
Whatever my cousin showed me wasn't that funny, so I'm not sure why I look like I'm cracking up.  
 
 
I've never been to this restaurant, but I'm a sucker for anything pink, as most of you probably know.
 That day I was going for a monochromatic look that was very minimal. Dressing minimal part was mostly due to the extreme heat. My top is from H&M, my pants are thrifted, and my shoes are Tevas.
I'm trying to smile less in photos to change it up a bit, but I look like I hate life when I don't smile so I thought I'd do a half smile thing.
 I feel like it is almost necessary to take a photo of the "native" Los Angeles palm trees and sky because they always look cute together. How many palm trees can you count? I counted 30.
 And now we land at the Santa Monica Pier. We initially came here to see the grunion on the shore but they never showed so we just walked around the pier and grabbed a late dinner.
Who can tell me what movie this fortune telling machine is from??? (Hint: Its title is the opposite of small)

 

 The burgers here were a bit expensive, but tasted super good (I might've been extremely hungry). One of the men working there looked like Jared Leto, just with bleached eyebrows and hair.
Here it looks like a lettuce burger and a pound of fries. There is a patty in there and that is a pound of fries.

We stayed at the pier pretty late waiting for the grunion that never showed so on our way back we saw downtown was blanketed in a cloud.
Well now I'm back to my particularly boring town, but I think I can bare it out because in two weeks I'm taking a road trip to Arizona to pick up my aunts coming back from a missionary trip in Honduras! I would love for you guys to pray for their safety down there (it can get kind of dangerous) and that the Holy Spirit would do amazing things through them. I don't know about you but I love going to Arizona, their nature is beautiful and their Goodwills have good deals. This weekend I will come back with a post about last Saturday, until then have an amazing week and know that Jesus and I love you!
xx,
Cristianne



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Post