Great is Our Faithfulness

As I start to write this it is Christmas night, my family has gone to bed, and I'm watching the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Just recently I discovered a place in my life I was not happy with, my relationship status. I wouldn't say I am boy crazy, but I've never had a boyfriend and sometimes I want one. This past month the want had grown stronger (hormones maybe?) and I was becoming unhappy and a little distant from God. Why had I let this one thing in my life bother me so much???
After my non-boyfriend pity party I decided to open up my Bible and it spoke wonders to me! During this revelation God taught me three things.
"The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands." -Psalm 25:10
   First, I had to remember I am following God's path for me and on God's path He, in his perfect love, knows what is best and gives me what is best to prepare me and teach me. So even if I want a boyfriend, God knows my true heart and mind and knows that I still have preparing and/or learning to do as a single young woman.
"No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced" -Psalm 25:3
   Secondly, and most importantly, was discovered when I was doing some pre-study worship in my living room by myself. I came across the song Great is Our Faithfulness by Housefires. Just the title alone has such an impact. Usually in worship songs we praise the Lord for his faithfulness, but in this song we thank God for giving us the ability to stay faithful to Him. Sometimes I forget the greatness that comes when I am faithful to God. There are times in our lives when we are scared, hurt, or just plain sad and need something strong to rely on and that something is God. When we pour all our faith into Him and His plan for us He will NEVER let us truly fall. Just think of it as if you were a tight rope walker. You put your whole self onto this thin line and God has prepped you to walk it and sometimes you'll stumble and fall off the line, but there will always be a net (God) to fall onto. Every fall, trip, and stumble, will only make you stronger and invincible! And when you put complete faithfulness into Him he blesses you like no other! Because I decided to put my faith into him I have so many blessings in my like my friends, family, and church that would have not existed or would be the same if I didn't have great faithfulness in the Lord.
    Lastly, because my blessings through great faithfulness God has also taught me to see the joys in the blessings he has put before me now instead of dwell on what I don't have. Which leads me to the pictures in this post! I want to share with you the joy of life and the joy three of the best people in my life give me from some old photos from my very best friend's birthday that wouldn't have existed if I didn't have faithfulness in the Lord.
 Here is the birthday girl in the car on our way to Balboa!



 So this is the place where the original chocolate covered banana was created and I LOVE chocolate covered bananas so naturally I had to take a picture of it.
 Not many know this but I love the history of the Fist Ladies and the dolls of them in the Balboa Island museum were so cute they made me love them even more.
 Here's little ol' me with my not so little hat.
 
After we got off the ferry we rented bikes and rode along the island until one of us got a little hangry (hungry and angry).
 The Crab Cooker is both cute and tasty and every time I look at this picture I giggle at the gold whale's ribs.
 No food....
Really good food. I recommend this place to anyone who loves food.

 Now here starts the friend appreciation part! So technically this girl is my sister and not my friend, but I to me the actual definition of sister is a best friend you are born with. Taylor is the one person I cannot live without and I can tell you now that we are closer than any sister duo. She helps me the best person I can be and can make me laugh until my sides hurt in a matter of seconds. She is the only person I can speak telepathically to and is the smartest, most generous and beautiful person I know. I love her to bits and I'm pretty sure she loves me too.
 This girl, the birthday girl on this day, is my best friend, my spiritual sister, and what many call my other half. I've only been friends with her for 3 years, but it feels like forever in the best way ever. She is the most kind, sassy, southern friend I have ever had. We both challenge each other to grow closer to God and help us grow as young women of God. Without her my life would be not as funny or would I be in love with red beans and rice.
 This kid. His name is Tyler and he is possibly the most ridiculous person I have ever met. He never ceases to make me laugh. He has granted my wish of having a little brother and I am so thankful that we became closer this year.

 This day was such a good photo day for my sister or I'm getting better at taking photos or both.


I pray that you are left feeling all the joy and blessings God has given you through your faithfulness. Have a wonderful week and hopefully I will be back next week!


Comments

Popular Post