Kansas City, I Love You.

   I already missed a few weeks of blogging! Luckily I was only gone for a few weeks and not months this time and I ask you reciprocate the grace of Christ unto me. These past few weeks have been very busy and I was backed up with homework since I neglected it all on my trip to Kansas City for my church conference. Speaking of the conference, IT WAS AMAZING. There is really no other words to describe it. It was such an eye opener to me in so many ways and I felt the love of God so much that weekend and I really feel like I should share my experience there with you guys because I learned that they are not just my stories, but they are also the Kingdom's stories (deep right?!). I have told my story about that weekend countless times, but the more I say it the more I become incredibly joyous and I have the urge to do backflips, but then I remember I can't do backflips so I just continue to combust with uncontrollable joy.
 Our view from the plane.
On the way to the hotel.
Thursday @ ending night worship- So there was some talks and sermons before this, but I want to share my personal encounters with the Lord so that is what I'll be skipping to. So as stated, it was the ending worship session for the night and it was led by the incredible Anabeth Morgan and I was worshipping, connecting with the Lord like never before, and there were people going around praying for people and giving them prophetic words. If you don't know what prophetic words are they are words, visions, or encouragement that come from God through someone to a specific person. So like I said the Holy Spirit was moving all over, but I was thinking, "no one is going to come up to pray for me, no one is going to have any kind of prophetic word for me," and then there I was praising and worshiping and then some random person comes up to me and starts praying for me and says something about discernment in my life and at that moment I just started balling my eyes out because that has never happened to me, no one had ever had any word for me and then it just began to snowball from there.
 We went to dinner with another church and one of the girls was really nice and took a picture of us on her instax.

It was necessary to document my first plate of Kansas City BBQ.
Me, in the mirror, in the cute bathroom, in the restaurant.
Friday @ speaker discussion- This was the time we had to go to a classroom with one of the speakers who spoke on the stage from the night before or that morning and I decided to go to Brian Blount's discussion. In his discussion the topic was "Partnering with the Holy Spirit" and specifically healing people. Personally I have never seen people healed before, but I've heard of people doing it so I wanted to know more. So there I am in the discussion and then Brian asks if anyone needs healing (just some background, Brian Blount has been able, by the Holy Spirit, to heal so many people and I had no doubt he could do it, or the Holy Spirit could do it) and some guy says that his legs are uneven so Brian asks us to gather around him and he starts praying for this guys leg to grow and then just as if it happened in the natural world HIS LEG STARTED TO GROW, I was left speechless and so was everyone around me. I had never seen anything so supernatural and God became even that more real to me.
 Multiple times we walked down this street for lunch and every time there was something cute to take a picture of.
 


Friday @ the first workshop- I was hooked on this Holy Spirit/healing thing so naturally I went to Brian Blount's Kingdom Ministry as my first workshop. So this workshop was designed to teach us how to pray for people so Brian, his wife, and Putty, which coincidentally was the man who prayed for me the night before chose people to be examples of how someone looks when they are prayed for. As they start to pick people who they feel God wants them choose they get to choosing the second person and they choose me. I now have no idea what to expect from this workshop and I am slightly terrified because I am the first person they pray for. So Jeanie, Brian's wife, starts praying for me and she says "holy spirit come" and I feel calm, then she asks for more of the Holy Spirit upon me and her hand becomes warm and I feel warm and then she starts speaking and I become a mess. She begins telling me that the story of the seraphim touching the hot coals to Isiah's lips, as she prays more she gets something about writing and then she asks about a blog, and I started sobbing and she tells me "that God is saying that it is not about how you write, but what you write about and you've been thinking about if there is a wrong or right way to conduct your blog, but you are doing it right." The Lord went on to tell me things that were going on in my family, He told me that people don't understand me, but He does, He sees me, and lastly, as I stood there trembling with the power of the holy spirit, He said I was going to cast demons out of people. I was blown away, as I am writing this now there are tears in my eyes because it gave me so much comfort about certain things I had been thinking about and questioning and I felt God's love comfort me. The rest of that workshop I stood praying and praising the Lord to a point where I was so enveloped in the Holy Spirit when my legs were quivering because they were so weak and I know it sounds freaky, but it was an awesome experience.
Friday @ ending worship- At this time I am in a stupor, my cheeks were literally stained with tears, and I was in complete love and peace. The talks ended and then someone asks if any young women feel they are being called to be a pastor or are thinking about becoming one to come up for prayer and I instantly I feel like I should go up. I had never in my life thought about really becoming a pastor so I ignored the feeling. Then my best friend comes up to me and says that I had been on her mind from the moment she woke up and she couldn't figure it out until they asked the young women to come up for prayer to become a pastor and then it clicked, she wanted me to go up for prayer. Now at this point I am so confused so I end up going for prayer, but I'm still so confused. Then on the Uber ride home were talking about what had just happened with me when my friend Itati, that I had only known for two days at that point, said that she wanted me to go up for prayer too. Now I am, as Cher Horowitz properly puts it, totally buggin. Was I being called to be a pastor???
Saturday @ ending worship- I've noticed most of my encounters are during worship, specifically ending worship, but I'll simply say that it's because the spirit was so strong when we worshipped that it was hard not to have an encounter. So I'm worshipping and I begin to pray, "If you are calling me to become a pastor cast this fear and doubt and discouragement out of me that the enemy had implanted and burn your truths into me that I can do all things in You," and at that moment my friend Itati comes up to me and says that God has given her a vision of me and she says, "That you were looking down this narrow pathway, kind of like a hallway, and you were afraid that you wouldn't fit, but God told me that he would equip you and mold you to fit down that pathway, and when you would get to the end of the pathway there would be a door and when you open it there will be so many gifts waiting for you." At this point I am sobbing so loud, but there were so many other people sobbing as well that I just joined the sea of crying people. Then Janessa started praying over me, and the three of us sat there praying and crying. Cause Con was such a beautiful experience and I am so thankful to the church for giving me the opportunity to go.
 Jannessa, me, and Itati.
 Ah, Jamie Choung, the funniest speaker of the weekend and one of my favorite speakers of the weekend who was coincidentally on the plane back with us.


The incredible worship team.
On the way to the airport- So we were in our Uber on the way to the airport and my friends and I were reminiscing about our super awesome weekend and then our Uber driver starts asking us questions about what we did at Cause Con. So we tell him all the amazing things and we talk about God and then out of no where he asks if we could pray for him when we had time because he has a mass in his kidney. Obviously we said yes and we offered to pray for him at the airport. But, right before we got there my friend Itati, who gets pictures from God, said that God, before we got into our Uber, showed her a little boy and while we were talking our driver said that he had son. Then God showed her a organ, which she assumed to be his kidney. After Itati said that all of us, including our Uber driver, were all ready for some prayer. Unfortunately, this kind of healing prayer is not one you can visibly see, but I am so glad God gave us the opportunity to pray for him.

   Our glorious post-Cause Con dinner at the waffle house that ended with some great prayer and deep talks.
The entire Cause Con experience was amazing. But what I left with is that God really does see us and really loves us. We are taught that God knows everything about us, but it wasn't until Jeanie had those prophetic words for me did I feel God say "I see you, I know you, you are important, you are loved by me." I was astounded the entire time because God took the time to speak to me. People like Jeanie, Itati, and Putty did physically say the words, but they were just messengers for God's message He wanted to tell me simply because He loves me.

Comments

Popular Post