Oil For My Lamp

   Hello and welcome to a new, hopefully, weekly segment on my blog called Oil For My Lamp. The name is subject to change, but the content will be the same. This little regular segment will just be a few verses that struck me this week or past, maybe a worship song as well, and a little tidbit for you guys to chew on for the week. It's meant to be short, sweet, and impactful (I'm praying). So let's get started!!!
This picture is from the conference I went to last month. I was worshiping in the back of the room and when I opened my eyes I saw everyone's hands up in praise and I felt God's heart well up with joy and poured down on us.
   " I tell you the truth, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat!" Luke 12:37
 "Now my soul is deeply troubled. Should I pray, 'Father, save me from this hour? But this is the very reason I came! Father, bring glory to your name." John 12:27-28
   As of late God has been teaching me that it's not all about just my walk with Him and that it really never was, it's about the Kingdom of God. It's about bringing more of his peace, joy, and love to this earth for not just me but those around me. While I was at a conference last month I had some prophetic word spoken over me that I was wearing an apron to serve the Lord and his people and I have been thinking about that a lot lately. In these two verses Jesus is speaking about his return and his death, but in both he is serving, he never makes it about himself, but about the advancement of the Kingdom and bringing God into greater glory.
  I pray that your eyes and ears are able to see and hear the love that God is pouring onto you each day and that you all have a blessed week!
xx,
Cristianne

Comments

Popular Post