Rest For My Bones

   Hello all! I have a month left of summer and I feel like I've done so much and photographed so little. Since the last time I wrote I went on vacation (which I did take pictures of that will be displayed here, today), went to a youth conference as a leader which was still so amazing, taught a small (by small I mean tiny) lesson by myself on pursuing God, and a lot of little adventures in between. But today I dedicate this post to my wonderful vacation that was already a month ago *gentle sob*.
   This summer I was so blessed to be able to go on a week long vacation with both my immediate family, some extended family, and most importantly my sister! Those who follow my blog (if any) might think what is so special about the sister she lives with, well although Taylor is still special, I am referring to my eldest sister. She lives all the way in South Dakota so seeing her is always a treat. All nine of us stayed in a beach house in Newport and pretty much relaxed, ate, and relaxed.


 Taylor, my Tía Cluadia, my biggest sister Bri, and my dad on the fairy headed towards Balboa island.

 Supposedly this place is home to the original frozen banana. Hmmm...
I saw these ultra cute tables in the deli on Balboa Island.

 The most perfect "aesthetic" photo I took on my way to the OC Night Market.
 The first thing we ate were these "Chinese hamburgers," they were not the greatest, but worthy of a Snapchat story.
 Dumpling making action at its best.
 My best friends, my amigas cheetahs, and the funniest people I know. Love you poopies <3

The last thing we ate was a sushi burrito, which is just like an uncut roll, but still very good.

 Look! We are starting to sprout! Beans!
 Such a dreamy shot from the balcony of our beach house :'( which also happened to be taken on Father's Day.
 The last day my sister was down we went to Shaw's Cove, a small beach with tide pools and such. Unfortunately I didn't get any good shots of the tide pools.

 Pre-dinner me!
 Top:Forever 21; Pants: Thrifted; Shoes: American Apparel; Bag: Daiso; Sunglasses: some small shop on the boardwalk
 One day Tay and I went to the cafe steps away from our house, I think it was called Orange Blossom Cafe, it was so cute and very tasty.

 Our beach house also happened to be next to the pier, which also happened to have a Ruby's on it, which we might have made multiple trips to.

 I spy Merlin and I also spy the Mrs. Pots/ Chip lunch pail that I now regret not getting.
 Partial family picture taken on our trip to the wedge.

So the wedge is a place in Newport where these crazy tall waves are created. On this day the waves were so crazy that they didn't even allow boards in the water and if you can see the two specs in the middle, those are heads... of humans.

On the last day Tay and I took a stroll around the tourist-y part of Newport

 True, but nice people do too!
 I am cursed. Cursed to have every cute ice cream photo of mine to be not in focus.
 But this mural in the donut shop was really cute, so I'm not that upset,
 The waves were so big that day that when I went to Ruby's on the pier we were swaying back and forth. It was quite a nauseating and terrifying experience. 
I hope you all enjoyed my post! I pray that you all go out in world this week and encounter the Lord's joy and peace. Love you all!
                                               xx,
                                                                Cristianne

Comments

Popular Post